Hey Active Pregnant Momma! Drink More Water!
By Colleen Flaherty BirthingWarrior.com
Even when we’re not pregnant, it’s imperative we stay hydrated because our bodies are 70% water. Makes sense.
The reasons become even stronger to keep that beautiful glowing bod of yours hydrated with water. Not soda. Not crystal lite. Water from the tap. From a Brita. I’ll even say bottled water – but let’s recycle please!
The top 5 reasons you need to stay hydrated while active during pregnancy.
- Ward off the symptoms of dehydration. Common signs are yellow urine (yes, your urine should be almost clear), headaches, nausea, and dizziness. If you’re just passing through the first trimester, you certainly don’t want any more cause for nausea, so make sure you’re sipping on water as much as possible.
- Hormones are going crazy! And they can wreak havoc on your body with break outs everywhere. Stay hydrated and sweating can clear the body and skin of toxins and dirt to keep that glowing complexion clear!
- Anyone up for preventing constipation? I AM! So should you! Especially since bowel movements get sluggish due to the physical changes and hormones of pregnancy. Staying hydrated helps ensure smooth sailing in the bathroom. And for more help with bowel movements, check out Squatty Potties!
- Studies suggest that amniotic fluid is affected by water intake. Let’s make sure Junior is swimming in a full, safe nest. Low amniotic fluid levels put him/her at risk, so drink up!
- And last but certainly not least, as an active mom-to-be, your muscles, brain, blood, need water to thrive so you can accomplish everything that needs to get done. Again, the dehydration side effects will stop you in your tracks, and warriors don’t have time for that! Stay on top of your water game by purchasing a big glass water bottle, like the one pictured, and fill 4-6 times a day. Keep a tally note or app on your phone to track!
Find more great resources for exercise, nutrition and over-all wellbeing for moms, pregos, future moms, and all powerful women at BirthingWarrior.com
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for MostFit™ workout videos as well as a new Free Friday Fitness video each week.